I was asked why I now support Network Marketing as a viable business model after so many successful years in corporate South Africa. The answer is simply that I believe the Network Marketing business model is going to be supported even more in the 21st Century. Network Marketers now more than ever before need assistance, coaching and business training.
Consider the following facts:
- Network Marketing in its current form has been a profession for more than 70 years
- In 2013 $178 Billion sales were generated which grew to $182 Billion in 2014
- In 2014 just over 5% of the American population were involved in Network Marketing
- 1 in 4 People purchased products from direct sellers in the last 6 months
According to the Direct Selling Association, over 18 million Americans are involved in direct sales, adding $34 million to the economy in 2014. Those aren’t small numbers.
- In the first year of operation, a minimum of 50% of representatives drop-out.
- After five years of operation, a minimum of 90% of representatives have left the company.
- By year 10, only those at or near the top have not dropped out – making it safe to say at least 95% of representatives have dropped out.
After finishing all of his analysis and research on various MLM data, Jon Taylor concluded, “In every case, using the analytical framework described, the loss rate for all these MLMs ranged from 99.05% to 99.99%, with an average of 99.71% of participants losing money in an MLM. On average, one in 545 is likely to have profited after subtracting expenses and 997 out of 1,000 individuals involved with an MLM lose money (not including time invested).”
BUT Network Marketing is a viable home-based business opportunity. Why?
Network Marketing is in fact just a different distribution model. The name says it all! You build a network (or a team) of people that are going to follow a pre-determined marketing strategy to distribute or sell products on behalf of a company. That’s all it is! Unfortunately many people have been misled by false promises of instant results which most often than not are measured in unrealistic financial terms, even though such financial results are possible and have been achieved by a select few.
What has not been understood or made clear is:
- It is still business and basic business principles still do apply not matter how relaxed the environment.
- It will require training and not only product training also business training and for today into the future – online marketing training
- It will carry a cost, no matter how small. No business can operate without some infrastructural cost
- It will need a strategy / plan as the direction must be clear to measure the results and most importantly the progress
- It most of all will need a daily revenue generating action plan to ensure that an income will be realised
There is more but I think you get my point.
Fact is with the unemployment rates and unstable economies globally, Network Marketing can become the only solution for most. Network Marketing can also ensure that a person can become an international marketer in no time plus ensuring a continuous income well into retirement.
There is always a cost involved in running any business. A Network Marketer should consider a $500pm operational cost and a profitable income of $3000 with a steady increase to $10 000 within one year. This is most definitely doable and realistic when Network Marketing is approached the correct way.
The advantages of Network Marketing cannot be disputed and if we cannot offer people employment why don’t we (we with the know-how) train them in basic skills like online / attraction marketing and business principles. With the large number of people already involved if one can only improve the network marketing business results of 1% a huge difference can be expected in economies and employment figures.
Instead of screaming scam or schemes let’s assist one another, train those that need training and start ensuring better success ratio for all Network Marketers.
That is why I am supporting all Network Marketers. My aim is to assist and coach as many Network Marketers as possible in online marketing methods ensuring their success.
Because I have the ability and skill plus I care for prosperity for all.